November 2015 Newsletter
CPC Youth exists to follow Christ in His mission of loving people, places, and things to life by partnering with families in raising the next generation for a lifetime of knowing God, experiencing his love, and following Jesus Christ.
The Connect Series continues…
Below is the continuation of the adapted version of the Leave it Better: Faith, Vocation, and the Mission of God Connect series. Join us during our small group times on Wednesday (Jr-Hi) and Sunday (Sr-Hi) nights as we learn more about faith, what is “work” for students, and how all of this applies to us. Get ready for lessons 4-6 for the month of November. It’s going to be good.
Lesson 4: Frustration and Setback – Ecclesiastes 2:17‐26
- Work has been cursed. Because of this, like relationships and worship, work is frustrated.
- The groan can also touch us in oppressive work environments
- Jesus groaned on the cross to relieve us of our groan.
Lesson 5: Redeeming “Stuff” – Luke 12:13-‐36
- Why is “stuff” so dangerous?
- How do we know if we’re “stuff sick?”
- What do I do if I’ve got a terminal case of “stuff sickness?”
Lesson 6: Sweat and Sabbath – Hebrews 4:1‐13
- Is it important for you to rest from your work and activities? Why?
- Do you have “time” to be near Jesus each week?
- What role does “church” play in weekly rest?
- Is youth group the same thing as church? Explain.
We are excited to see how our students keep growing in their understanding of God, their faith and their calling.
We are thankful for YOU, Parents and Families!
This Fall has been amazing and we want to thank you for allowing us to partner with you in raising the next generation. As our staff and ministry has grown we have seen God work in such amazing ways. Our students are thriving and we are blessed to be a part of their lives. Thank you for your patience and encouragement as we continue to grow as a staff. We love you all so much and are excited to experience more of the good work that God is doing in this ministry.
-CPC Youth and Families Staff